Sunday, June 12, 2016

Acro Tears


So I knew that my emotions are all out of whack, and that my body is readjusting to it's new self... but I really wasn't expecting to start getting all teary-eyed!

On Monday, June 6th, I noticed that several things around me made me well up with tears. A commercial, something my niece said, a song, a TV show... left me fighting back tears, needing to take deep  breaths to recompose myself! Unfortunately, when unchecked, and uncontrolled, the tears can escalate into what me and my fellow Acro's call Acro Rage, which is not pretty at all! I experienced my first mood swing the other day, I  felt completely out of control. I really never want to put myself, or anyone else through that again to be honest - my head was killing me, the guilt was eating me up inside, and I just felt emotionally spent!

Acro-Rage 
Biological changes in the body, caused by the tumor on the pituitary gland or by medication, may also result in hormone-induced mood swings (labeled “acro-rage” by the patient community)  From Acromegaly.care 



I'm sure that the stresses over the past month have taken their toll, and the emotions are not helping.. but I guess every day is a new discovery, a new day and that brings many learning curve.

Sure, the tumor is gone... but that does not mean that all the emotional issues will just and I will wake up without like any "normal" person. That's not how it works. It takes time, adjustment, change, and rediscovery.

So... step by step, day by day, moment by moment.... and each day will bring new discoveries, and hopefully lots of positive change!

3 comments:

  1. Just be you and know you have alot of people that are behind you. You should write a book since your blog is so interesting to us "outaiders". It might help others that are in your shoes trying to figure out what was going on for years, and now on the other side of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be you and know you have alot of people that are behind you. You should write a book since your blog is so interesting to us "outaiders". It might help others that are in your shoes trying to figure out what was going on for years, and now on the other side of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's an outaider!? :)

    I am working on putting some material together for other Acro's - we'll see what comes out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete